Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:28:57 -0000
From:      David Beckett <david.beckett@bt-sys.bt.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How do you open KDE files ?

FreeBSD,

I am running FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a Millenium II by Matrox. I have installed
X windows and KDE desktop. I have installed an appropiate driver for the
sound card and rebuilt my Kernel.

I want to open kmpeg 1,2,3 so that i can play audio files. I haven't got
a clue on how to open the files, if I try to open the files by clicking
on the icons I simply get the browser option "open with". I can't open
the file with anything that is in the toolbar menu.

How do I go about opening such files ? Do I have to move the files to
another location? Can i open them using the Unix terminal ? Do I need
additional files (i.e. shell file) ?

If you could give me any information I would be very grateful.

Yours Gratefully,

Dave Beckett
BT Labs
B29, Room 138